All of our jewelry is made of solid gold so it doesn't fade away and can last a lifetime. With the following precautions, you can give your jewelry good long lives:
- Clean your jewelry once in a while. Make a small bowl with warm water and a little bit of mild soap. For an extra deep cleansing effect, you can also add a bit of white vinegar. Gently clean with a super soft toothbrush, rinse them off in clean water and dry with a soft cloth.
- Avoid contact with harsh chemicals like perfume, bodylotion, hairspray, sunscreen, etc.
- Take your jewelry off during messy activities like household cleaning, sports or when going to bed. This way you prevent your jewelry from scratching or denting.
- When taking a shower or bath, keep in mind that residues of products like shampoo or soap can build up on your jewelry. To avoid this, rinse them thoroughly and dry them afterwards with a soft cloth.
- Eventough you can keep your golden jewelry on in the sea because the gold won't fade away, the salt won't do your gold and crystals any good if they are exposed to it for a long time.
- When not wearing your jewelry, always keep them save in a box to protect them.
- We strongly advice to have your vintage jewelry checked by a goldsmith once a year, to keep them in excellent state. Unfortunately it is inevitable that your piece gets older by time and therefore slowly wears out.
Turquoise and opal should never get wet. If these stones accidentally get wet, dry the stones with a microfibre cloth as soon as possible. Let it dry for 24 hours.
Please note that excessive exposure to sunlight can fade the colours of some crystals like amethyst, aquamarine, tourmaline, opal, rosequartz and turqouise.